Inventory Main Features:|
- Assists the management of all components under the System Administrator's responsibility:
Computers, Computer Hardware, Operating Systems, Software, Licenses, Patches and Updates, Software
/ Hardware Vendors and Computer Users.
- Hierarchal Structure using RDBMS database tables.
- Highly Flexible.
- Allows SysAdmin to keep a detailed account of their computing resources.
- Accessible through the Web or Intranet (served by a web server).
- Supports all platforms that can run PHP/MySQL/Apache.
- Supports common browsers: IE 5.x and Mozilla 1.x (or better)
- Distributed under the GPL License
New Features for version 0.80:
- Redesigned database scheme provides more flexibility
- Most code base was re-written from scratch
- Improved and unified interface, with easier access to information
- Better GUI with customization by themes
- Language support - will allow translation to your native language
- Logging system
- User permissions
- More control over the system via new admin tools
- Hardware control was improved: hardware can now be attached to Users and Locations
(in addition to Computers).
- Hardware clipboard allows you to move hardware items from one owner object to another.
New Features for version 0.82:
- Support for HTTPS urls and ports other than 80
- More fields for computers: manufacturer, model, purchase info fields.
- Search dialogs for computers and OS were added
- Import from CSV file functionality added
- Fixed bug with " signs breaking JS
- Rewritten reports section, now better than ever :-)
- Better support for printing and exporting reports to spreadsheet
- Added support for personal (saved) reports for each user
- Non admin users can now view the userlist (depending on their access level)
- Dutch and Lithuanian languages now included in the distribution
- Support for SQL data initialization in local language (for install)